Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nicolas Roche blogging, vlogging and occasionally cycling

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/253500_206316889411298_118722188170769_553879_8354527_n.jpg
Roche after the crash which forced him to retire from the Critérium du Dauphiné.
Not ideal preparation three weeks before the Tour de France!

Just as he did last year, Nicolas Roche is keeping a daily diary in the Irish Independent following the thrills and spills of the peloton. Check out the first entry.

Here's a snipet from the diary where he descibes his injury after his first race back.

It was my first race back after a crash in the Criterium du Dauphine had left me looking like something you'd see hanging in a butchers window. Battered and bruised, I had cuts running literally from my shin to my finger tips and they're only beginning to heal now. I needed an operation to repair a hole in my elbow and two stitches in my chin. Having banged my head off a concrete road bollard I was in a daze for almost three days afterwards and had to take five days off the bike because I could hardly walk.

He's also keeping a video diary which is basically a brief chat about the previous stage. First video below.

Allez Nico!


Links
YouTube Channel

Diary on Indo site

Diary on Nico's site

AG2R La Mondiale Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment